a creative encouragement project by Sarah J. Kass

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ramblin' Man.

Oh naive little me,
Asking what things you have seen,
And your vulnerable in your head
You'll scream your way until you're dead.Creatures veiled by night,
Following things that ain't right
And they're tired and they need to be led,
Or you'll scream and you'll wail till you're deadBut give me to a ramblin' man
Let it always be known that i was who i am.

We're beaten, battered and cold,
My children will live just to grow old
But if i sit here and weep,
I'll be blown over by the slightest of breeze.The weak need to be led
And the tender heart carried to their bed,
And it's a pale and poor affair
And i'll be dammned if i'll be found there.Give me to a rambling man,
Let it always be known that i was who i am.(Lyrics: Ramblin' Man - Laura Marling)Floral maxi-skirt: vintage
Shell ring: found on the seashore
Black leather laceup boots: vintage
Shell & leather necklace: Self-made
Cropped-sleeve mini-dress: hand-me-down
I thought i ought to share with you the documentation of a recent latenight adventure with Alex, involving spiderwebs, streetlamps and an overall strolling of the neighbourhood with mischievous intent. I do believe that midnight air is good for the bones, but then again, so is brilliant company.
Much Love.
(Photos by Alex.)