a creative encouragement project by Sarah J. Kass

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Love Letter Wednesday: Write me an answer.

(Courtesy of the American Library of Congress)

The uncoded message: 'MADAM, the great love and tenderness i have hitherto expressed for you increases proportionally every day. and the more i see you the more i feel disposed, inclined and finally determined to offer you my hand and heart. our last conversation has poseessed me with the most exalted opinion of your character and if ever we are united, i shall experience nothing but pleasure of living with you. yes madam, i think sincerely. Write me an answer- adieu. And believe that i am, madam, your affectionate lover till death. -W. Goff.'

I think this is one of my personal favorites.
(As is this song:)


Dear Spring,
Welcome Back.