a creative encouragement project by Sarah J. Kass

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Don't Forget Me.

Dear Sun, I miss you.
Where have you been? I haven't seen you properly in too-long-a-while. Was it something i said? Don't pretend you're busy, or on vacation overseas. I know you're around. I saw you last week between the carriages of a passing train, and yesterday you winked at me from behind a telegraph pole as i sat on the bus. Is this some kind of game to you? If it is, it's a cruel one. Everything feels cold... the grass, the air, my tea. We used to be so close. I miss making shadow puppets against old buildings on the way home from anywhere. I miss wasting countless hours exploring rockpools at the beach. Most of all, i miss waking up to your smile every morning.

Now
there is only
clouds.

ome home soon. Co me home ome home soon. Co
[Photography by the wonderful Eva]