a creative encouragement project by Sarah J. Kass

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Show me the way to go home

Sorry for the delay in postage lovelies, a belated MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all! Having been whisked away to Brisbane for our annual family reunion, i have been without the internet for a total of TWO weeks!! Even with all this cold turkey (badum-ch) i dont think my addiction is broken... i headed straight for my laptop upon arriving home. whoops! As for the holiday itself:

I flew up a little earlier than the rest of my family so as to spend some quality time with my grandparents outside of the festivities. Granny and i did some intense pre-christmas baking, making traditional South African Milk Terts, as well as mince pielets and chocolate clusters (which i shall show you pictures of, as soon as my disposable camera film is developed) i was also able to start my little booklet of family recipes, which has been on my to-do list for AGES.

It felt like this:
Furthermore, my Oupie (Oups for short) has his garden bordering onto the forest, so many an afternoon/evening was been spent watching the assortments of feathered visitors that frequent his bird-feeder. Unfortunately this also included the less welcome brush turkeys, which are partial to digging up his ferns if not stopped with a pebble or two. (PETA dont despair, we all have shocking aim, so there was no native turkeys for Christmas dinner, or any subsequent fines from the board of animal conservation for that matter)

A little present of festive proportions:



The QLD weather was so hot that wearing anything but singlets and shorts induced that awful sitting-on-the-back-seat-of-the-bus-in-summer feeling (the pool out the back serving as the only known antidote) and yet, somehow, i was more busy than usual; watching movies, contemplating the meaning of Christmas, journaling, catching up with the folks, carolling, eating at Sizzlers and handfeeding pythons. Oh and did i mention i thrifted my heart out?
My sneaky devoid-of-a-camera artistic impression:

just a little snippety glimpse my vintagey finds for my Uni wardrobe and/or my soon-to-be Etsy store! i love the holidays!

And you sweets?
What did you get up to?